Friday, July 30, 2010

So many things I could post today…

 

Today is a whirlwind of emotions – blame it on being 37.5 weeks pregnant or all of the life changes going on.  I could post about my doctor’s appointment yesterday, how work is getting the best of me the last few weeks I’m here, or what I watched on TV last night -  but I decided today was the perfect day to just simply post some picture from the best day of my life – August 1, 2009.

Candice and Elliott Wedding 2009 020 The day started out with blue skies and was absolutely gorgeous!!!  I surprisingly was as cool as a cucumber even when my husband-to-be called to say he left his shirt in Tuscaloosa, 3 hours away.  I was surprisingly calm (thanks to Kelsey on that one!), and at that moment happened to be passing by a J.C. Penney’s.  We wheeled in, full makeup, tiara and all to buy three white shirts, since I didn’t know how J.C. Penney brand would compare to his Jos. A. Bank shirt.  Good thing too because bless his heart, he was trying to rush and cut himself shaving on his neck and bled all over one of them!

Candice and Elliott Wedding 2009 078Needless to say, we made it through the day and got married just as scheduled at 2:00 PM.  We went to the reception where we had desserts galore – and as Sam has coined, a “chountain” (that would be a chocolate fountain, but he was so excited about it, it came out “chountain”).

This was Elliott’s surprise groom’s cake.  Since he works for his family’s RV business we thought what better groom’s cake could there be?  It was too cute.

Candice and Elliott Wedding 2009 094Throughout the entire planning process we had used to intertwining “R”s for Reed and Robbins.  Sara, the cake decorator, was able to recreate the symbol on our cake and our wedding surprise from our event coordinator (coworker and friend) Susan was a painting of the insignia. 

Candice and Elliott Wedding 2009 031 As the reception ended, Elliott and hopped in our “chariot” (ahem! golf cart) and drove off to our cottage, which from this picture looks just like the one in front of us, but ours was the second one down the street.

riding off

 

Just as we left it began to sprinkle and rained the entire rest of the weekend.  If we had gotten married any later, it would have been a complete wash out.  When we met with the people at Gorham’s Bluff they said they have never had it rain on a wedding – it’s rained before or after, but not during a wedding.  It was such a perfect day, I couldn’t have asked to have anything more or would have changed anything.

If you’ve never visited Gorham’s Bluff, I highly recommend it.  It’s where we got engaged, where we chose to get married and have spent another weekend there.  Don’t go expecting to do anything but relax.  I look forward to our next trip!

Happy Anniversary Elliott!  This has been the best year ever!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Happy Anniversary & hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the fact you were "cool as a cumcumber." We won't mention what Craig said about that. :) Happy anniversary to the Robbins!

    ReplyDelete