Monday, August 9, 2010

Catching up…

 

So I totally broke the Blogger poster rule of not posting at least once a week.  Last week was another totally crazy week and I got behind – hopefully I can catch up this week!

To update you on all things baby, we are currently 39 weeks pregnant – which is a big hooray considering gestational diabetes babies usually come early.  It has been answered prayer that the diet and insulin have worked their magic and Miss Mary Emma has evened out to be in the 49th percentile, right where she needs to be (she was measuring in the 70th percentile!). 

We did have a little drama last week and ended up in the hospital on Thursday night, but all is well.  Apparently after my doctor’s appointment on Thursday, I began having some contractions, which M.E. took none so kindly to and would push back every time my stomach would contract.  Yeah – pretty painful!  I finally called the after hours number where a nurse told me to come to labor and delivery.  Because I had not dilated or dropped anymore, they gave me a muscle relaxer and pain cocktail mixture which began to work within 30 minutes.  After an hour I was tremendously better and we were able to go home.  I just felt bad for Elliott who had to get up and go to work the next day after getting home at 2:00 AM!  But – it was good practice in case we have to go to the hospital in the middle of the night.

Now dear friends, I was all excited because we were scheduled to be induced on the 12th.  Due to some surprising and frankly upsetting news, our doctor moved our date to be induced to the 18th.  The news is that a mass the size of a tennis ball was found on my mother’s ovary and she will need surgery to remove it, which will probably be this week.  I didn’t really want us to be in the hospital at the same time.  Our doctor said that we had done so well with the gestational diabetes, that she felt as though we could make it to the 18th.  Tomorrow mother will find out (hopefully) when she will have surgery and we hope it will be well before the 18th so we don’t end up in the hospital at the same time. 

If we do, we do – but there are some things in life when a girl just needs her mother and I’m pretty sure childbirth ranks in the top, oh I don’t know, two. 

I leave you today with a picture…Elliott asked what I wanted for my birthday and my response….noodles, nothing but noodles!  If you know me at all, you know spaghetti is my favorite meal ever and I could eat it every day.  However, when you have diabetes, carbs (particularly those from white pasta) are a no-no and tomato sauce typically has tons of sugar in it.  So until M.E. gets here, I’ll have to settle for pictures of noodles…yum-o!!!

spaghetti-meatballs_33061309_std

Many blessings,

Candice

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your mom!!! I'll be praying for her...AND YOU!

    ReplyDelete