Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ridiculous Parenting Products

 

So by know you’ve figured out my life now resolves around all things baby.  I subscribe to several blogs and email lists to keep up with baby information, products and parenting ideas.  This article from Parenting magazine was one of the funniest!  The 20 most ridiculous parenting products.  I will highlight my top 5 below.  You can see the rest here

Number 5: I present, the cardboard cot

RedicParProd_CardboardCot_PReally, what is this?  Is this supposed to be cute???

Next up at 4: the Zaky Infant Pillow

RedicParProd_Zaky_P

Creepy is all I have to say…REALLY creepy!

Coming in at Number 3: the Swarovski Crystal Paci

RedicParProd_SwarovskiPacifier_P

Now I’m all about a little bling – but this is overboard, particularly the price tag!

And at the Number 2 spot: Sonogram Cuff Links

RedicParProd_SonogramCufflinks_P

I have a hard enough time deciphering the actual pictures they give us, much less trying to see what it is on a one inch square – completely ridiculous!

And lastly…big drumroll here…for the Number 1 Most Ridiculous Parenting Product, our winner is…Potty Mitts

RedicParProd_PottyMits_P

These oven-like mitts are designed to keep little ones hands from touching the toilet seat.  However, isn’t it hard enough trying to potty train without restricting their hands?  How about good ole fashion Purell wiped down with a wipe and lay some toilet paper over the seat?

Honorable mentions for grossness:

The placenta teddy bear

The tinkle tube

The Pee Pee Teepee

and The plush Pee and Poo Duo

What products have you seen that are completely out there?  Or those touted as Must Have items that were a waste of money?

Blessings,

Candice

4 comments:

  1. those are funny. but just wait, you'll buy some things and get home with them and say "what the (you know what) was i thinking when i bought this." we have a closet full of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious - oh how I needed a good laugh! That hand pillow is sketch-tastic. However, I would SO buy that blinged out paci! Sister's got to be sporting some style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I've bought pee-pee teepees as a funny gift before! They actually sell them in the hospital gift shop in Fayette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candice those hands things do look scary, but I sure would like a pair! Sometimes Will wakes up as soon as I take my hands off his back!!

    ReplyDelete