Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baby Shower Numero Dos…

 

Last Saturday I was treated again to a wonderful baby shower hosted by some of my dearest friends – I again was overwhelmed by the turnout and the generosity of everyone.  A special thanks to my coworker’s husband and two sons who made themselves scarce for the day to allow a little lady brunch to take place. 

First the table – like the tablecloth, cute huh?  Wanna know where you can buy one?  Well, you can’t – the gorgeous damask was made by none other than my awesomely talented coworker with some help from our office assistant and sweet students.  This is one of about 20 they made out of an enormous bolt of fabric.

Baby Shower 2 006 Next, the cupcakes – do you see how yum-o they look in this picture???  How cute are the cupcake wrappers, oh yeah – I didn’t get to eat one.  Baby shower number two with no sweets.  But it will be worth win M.E. gets here and she (hopefully) doesn’t weigh 10 pounds because of gestational diabetes.

Baby Shower 2 007Now for a few highlights from the gifts.  Apparently I had my head turned to all the picture takers and most of the photos are of the side of my head.  But I could do a highlight reel of my favorite Laura faces…this is one

candices baby shower and more 029 

And here’s another…

candices baby shower and more 050 I’m not sure what we were saying about those burp cloths but it looks like a “that is super cute” moment.

On to the Alabama highlights.  Look how much I’m loving the houndstooth bow and “A” socks…

candices baby shower and more 034And how about our first little Alabama gameday outfit…could this be any cuter???

candices baby shower and more 103  Thanks Julie and Lillian, we will be wearing these often!

Some other favorite pictures capture my expression about all things “girly”…in addition to loving some Alabama attire, I also love cute baby socks – look at these precious ones…

candices baby shower and more 052 Clothes are easy to understand, bibs I got, diapers – changed those before…apparently I needed some explanation on the bottle brush.  This is Laura trying to teach me how to properly use the bottle brush and the tiny brush in the handle…it was apparently enough to bring me to tears…

candices baby shower and more 112Alright girlies with cameras – send me your pictures because somehow I didn’t take a hostess picture with my camera, so I will leave you with a picture of two of my favorite ladies in the world…my Grandmother and Aunt who drove that morning from Haleyville and home again after the shower.  Love you both and can’t thank you enough for being there!

 Baby Shower 2 002

Blessings,

Candice

1 comment: