Monday, June 14, 2010

So, I caved...

After many, many months of contemplation - I finally decided to start a blog. As we get closer and closer to our due date, I knew that family and friends from out of town would not so much want to read about me and Elliott, but about our sweet precious who is due to arrive in about 9 weeks!

So, all my blogger buddies - send me your tips and tricks, pregnancy brain has kicked in and this pup isn't so much for learning new tricks!

For the first post, since I'm at work (shhh! Don't tell!), I thought I would give a quick update on why I chose the name of the blog. One of my favorite hymns to sing growing up was Wonderful Words of Life. As I thought about what type of blog I wanted to create, I couldn't think of a better title. Words are so precious, and I can't wait to hear our little girl say her first ones. It's a beautiful song that was written more than a hundred years ago. Philip Bliss wrote it in 1874. The words to the hymn are below, if I could figure out how to add a little music player - I would post the music too!

Sing them over again to me,
Wonderful words of life,
Let me more of their beauty see,
Wonderful words of life;
Words of life and beauty
Teach me faith and duty.

Refrain:
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
Wonderful words of life;
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
Wonderful words of life.


As long as I'm feeling well, I will post as frequently as I can. Look forward to pictures from the nursery, baby showers and of course those first newborn photos - you may even read about one of our four-legged children or two (or four in our case!).

Blessings!

Candice

2 comments:

  1. Yay Candice! I'm so proud you're now officially on the blog bandwagon, and your title is perfect! I promise you will love it, and I for one will love keeping up with the growing Robbins family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're blog is already great. I love the pictures of the beautiful crib and sweet bedding. Can't to see her nursery. And I LOVE the name of the blog...I remember that hymn too and loved it growing up. You are going to be a great blogger and more importantly a great mother! Can't wait to meet Mary Emma and keep up with her through the blog :) Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete