Friday, June 25, 2010

Holy Big Baby!

 

Elliott and I had our weekly Doctor’s appointment yesterday and it was a whirlwind day!  It started first thing in the morning with an ultrasound (I was going to upload the scanned pictures, BUT this here mommy-to-be started feeling lightheaded and sick, so the ultrasound was cut short so I could sit up and gather my wits about me).  The ultrasound tech was able to get all of the measurements she needed to before I almost fell out – yea for Juicy Juice 4oz boxes and peanut butter crackers!!! 

Next we moved to have a Non-Stress Test.  This is where they strap a heart monitor to and contraction meter to my tummy to measure the baby’s heart rate and movement, and if I’m having any contractions.  She did not want to cooperate at first, running from the heart monitor every time the nurse would get it placed.  She wasn’t moving very much, so the nurse brought me a Diet Pepsi and WOWSERS!  She must have thought, okay if you want me to move – here I go.  It was so funny, those monitors were bouncing all over the place.  I’ll remember Diet Pepsi next time!!!  We will have a Non-Stress Test every week from now until she is born.

After the NST, we had to stop by the Nutritionist’s Office so she could read the results of this lovely thing…

freestyle meter

AND…not so good, my glucose numbers have started creeping up again, so she increased my insulin dosages again for a morning and afternoon dose.

Then we were off to see the Doctor.  By this time we had found out the Miss Priss weighed 4lbs and 14oz!!!  According to our weekly update, a typical pregnancy at this point the baby should weigh somewhere around 3 3/4 lbs, so she just a smidge bigger than she supposed to be.  When we met with the doctor she said that everything was looking great, my fluid levels were good, but she was still concerned about getting my glucose numbers under control.  When she measured my stomach, I’m actually measuring at 34 weeks instead of 32 weeks – in other words, be prepared to deliver early.  Because of that news, I had to come back to work and cancel my free reservations here

postcard4

Apparently six hours in the car when you are 36 weeks pregnant is not the best idea!  Oh well, there’s always next year at Point Clear!

Since I don’t have a good ultrasound picture to share, here is an artist rendering of what she actually looks like.  From what I feel and how the ultrasound tech described how she is sitting, she is exactly like this picture with her head down and feet curled under my sternum.  Her bottom is on my right side, under my ribs.

32 week picture

In other big news, we found the camera cord!!!  So look for pictures soon of the nursery and bathroom, as well as pictures from our baby showers.

Blessings,

Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment