Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Baby Shower Numero Uno…

 

Sunday, June 27th I was treated to the most wonderful baby shower hosted by several lovely ladies at the home of my very best friend.  I know she worked extremely hard to get her house ready, it was adorable and I can’t thank her enough!  M.E. racked up on the cute clothes!  I was so overwhelmed by the generosity of the gifts.  I didn’t take any pictures, so I have to thank my aunt and cousin for being master photographers and capturing the day!

First the door – how stinkin’ cute was this???  It is diapers tied around a metal ring with our initial in the middle – super cute!

Hville Baby Shower11

Next the table, these girls know me too well.  Black and white damask with pink accents???  Yes please.  I tried to force myself to find a colored dress to wear to the shower – but just couldn’t pull myself away from my traditional black and white!

Hville Baby Shower3 

Now for what you really want to see – the gifts…

Hville Baby Shower7 Hville Baby Shower8

Lots of cute dresses, some monogrammed diaper bags, and precious handmade blankets

Hville Baby Shower36

Play outfits and some Christmas jammies…

Hville Baby Shower40 

Soft blankets, swaddle blankets and paci clips…

Hville Baby Shower41One of our most treasured items…my precious cousin painted these for M.E’s room.  They look so good and match her room perfectly!!!!  They will hang above the crib, we look forward to having these in her room for a long time!

Hville Baby Shower45 This is a baby Huggums.  When I was an infant, I had a baby Huggums, the only Madame Alexander doll I was technically supposed to play with, and I wanted M.E. to have one too.  I hope she loves her Huggums as much as I loved mine.

Other things I didn’t get a picture of were some books, which I love!  I can’t wait to read to this little one.  A diaper genie – for all those stinky diapers, lots of little socks and onesies, and an exersaucer (which I hear you can’t live without!).

We are so blessed to have such generous friends and family.  We had such a good time going back through the gifts and putting them in M.E.’s room. 

Blessings,

Candice

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.....I am loving EVERYTHING I see!! Candice, the monogram/letter paintings?! Those are AMAZING!! Did Katie do those? Please tell the artist that I would love to commission them for something in the future. Also, LOVE the nursery pics! I can't wait to see it in person soon. I talked w/E today...bless his heart. He's going to be a great daddy! Hope to see you soon... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Laura, Katie did those. She sent me a website and let me pick which picture/color I thought would match the best. The picture does not do them justice, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!! The shower was so much fun! I can't wait for ME to get here - love you all!!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candice- I hate I couldn't make the shower. I so wanted to come. Looks like you got so much precious stuff!! She's gonna be a doll I just know :) You said in your thank-you card that you didn't get lots of bottles...I never did either. I bought a huge lot of the Avent bottles on e-bay for a great price (the bottles are so expensive). Then I boiled them like 3 times before I used them. I bought my own new nipples- I didn't want to use used nipples- gross :) Anyways- that is an idea. Don't know how you feel about used bottles, but they have worked great, saved a lot of money, and Will didn't get sick or anything...just make sure to clean them VERY well :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete