Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waiting, waiting and more waiting…

 

God must know that patience is something I need to work on, because waiting for me is not very pretty.  Yesterday we found out that mother will have surgery to remove the mass on Monday.  They will not be able to perform the surgery laparoscopic, and she will have to be in the hospital for 3 – 5 days.  Which corresponds with the date I was to be induced, Wednesday, the 18th.   So, since yesterday we have been waiting to talk with my doctor about moving my day to be induced back.  It is slim chances, but we are going in tomorrow with the game plan of convincing her to let us have this baby before Monday.

I’ve talked about the Emmaus Walk a few times in my blog, but one of the key phrases of an Emmaus weekend is “Don’t anticipate.”  Why is this so hard for us to do?  Have you ever heard the term, “Calm Anticipation” – me either, but we’ve all heard “Anxious Anticipation.”  What is it about anticipating something that gives us anxiety? 

In Sunday School we’ve been studying the book of Acts (although we missed the past couple, few, okay a lot of Sundays) but I’ve thought a lot about what Jesus told the Disciples in the first chapter, to go to Jerusalem and wait…wait for what the “Father has promised…the promise of the Holy Spirit,” Acts 1:4.  At this point, that’s all I can do is wait.  There is nothing that is going to make this baby come any faster and nothing is going to make that tumor shrink.  I have to hold onto the promise Jesus made to the disciples in Jerusalem, and here I am…waiting for God to work in miraculous ways.  I know everything is in God’s perfect time and not in Candice’s time (he has revealed this truth to me several times in the past), but it is still so hard to trust that God has both Mary Emma and Mother in his hand and that all will be perfect in His time.

My friend Terri used as her speaker song on a recent Walk, In His Time. It is a wonderful reminder that God makes all things beautiful in His time.  Press play below to hear the song…

 

So I ask you to pray for us – pray for our doctors, pray for our family as they have to deal with two people who are healing, pray for God’s perfect timing, and pray for our peace of mind.

Blessings,

Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment